Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chaos at COTA? NEVER !!!!!

OK kids - here is your next helpful hint from the book "Cyberflirt" (ISBN 0-452-28054-0).

Choose Option D in the questionaire

I said last time that they are rather strange ... you were warned.

Because Himself is 'down south' this week COTA phoned me to ask if I could double up with two clients tomorrow. As I have a client with depression and memory problems I needed to know if she would be one of the double-ups as she needs gentle handling and full attention. The booking clerk said not to worry and that she had just cancelled Himself's client, that I was fully booked until the end of next month when we go into recess ... except for the man who was coming in on 10th December for four (4) hours of Excel because he wanted to get a special project finished this year.

I had told her that I had agreed to teach him Excel, although I wasn't all that happy about it as my spreadsheets have come down from my very first computer with only minor adjustments. I can create new spreadsheets and suspect that he wants to create a template on the cheap. But four hours all at once, when I am supposed to be having a break, was all a bit much and she hadn't consulted me about it. If she had then we might have been able to work out a compromise since all the 'guides' are fully booked until the end of next month - except Himself who only does two hours per week and has no clients on 30th November.

I suggested that Himself could give the man two hours on 30th but he has paid for four and wants all his hours this year. *sigh* Not my problem - I am only a volunteer. One of the difficulties is that the person who does the bookings is not there on the days I go in and things are usually in a dreadful muddle with no-one quite knowing who is coming in - or even if they are coming. There is surely a better way ...

No comments:

Post a Comment