Thursday, June 8, 2017

i-Pad connected at last

my I-Pad is now connected to my modem  -  finally!  I have been using my Hotspot but that is not altogether satisfactory.  All that was needed was the password of the modem and all my searching for it was unsuccessful although I did find out some amazing strings of letters and numbers.  Techie found it in about 20 seconds but was surprised and muttered "What made me set that one?"  Anyway, after a bit of pfaffing around I have got it up and running but had to get in through Facebook and change the Facebook password which I have coded and recorded.  So long as I can decipher the code we should all be OK and D1 will be able to connect her I-Pad when next she comes to stay.

Yesterday we had a meeting of the four COTA teachers to try to agree to what is needed to get the COTA computers up and running.  I gather that Himself and I are the only ones who work in tandem so I am usually the only one who uses Boardroom 2.  Boardroom 1 died completely a couple of months ago, disappeared to undergo serious rehab and now works reasonably well.

Techie also came to sort out the connection issues of all my computers and to get my Wi-Fi printer printing from them all (but not the I-Pad which is the opposition brand).

Nothing else of any note has happened to me and I have been keeping myself busy but not achieving much of anything  -  but have knitted six beanies for the homeless from leftovers from my spinning and knitting.  I have been watching a lot of TV, what with things the way they are in USA and it is all getting very interesting.  And speaking of interesting  -  Techie thinks that Trump is doing a great job so by unspoken mutual consent we changed the subject.

1 comment: