Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Negative, negative, negative!

I have received the results of the breast biopsy I had the week before last and the result was negative  -  no cancer, no sign of cancer and nothing abnormal except for a small area of calcification of no significance.


I hadn't realised how much the result was preying on my mind  -  most particularly the fact that if I had to have surgery then the cats would have had to go to boarding school for a while and at this time of year all the catteries (the good ones, anyway) are fully booked and if they are to be boarded they are going to have to have de luxe accommodation with room for them to get away from each other.  They squabble every so often and then Poppy shrieks for help but I suspect that she is usually the one who starts it.


Today I finished spinning the first of the 'Jewel' braids.  Because it is so soft I did not split it down the middle but spun it "across the tops".  I had to keep quite a lot of tension on it or it loosened itself on the bobbin and made a terrible mess; at one stage I had to unwind a couple of metres and wind it back by hand under tension so that it would sit properly and not billow out from under the singles spun over the top.  It will be interesting to see what it looks like when plied.  I am going to have to ply it tighter than I usually do  -  I think ...

No comments:

Post a Comment