Saturday, May 20, 2017

I don't know how I did it but I did.

My new iPad is now connected to my modem.  I don't know how I did it but it now works without the Hotspot.

I kept my appointment with the Apple experts and Josh unlocked and did basic setup to the new one so that I was able to use it and Siri seems to recognise my voice but at the moment our conversations are a bit stilted.  Siri was a man to start with but is now an Australian woman and I really do not know how I am supposed to use her; no doubt the light will eventually dawn for me.

On  the way back to the train I ran into Techie who said that he would try to be with me at the end of the week  -  but he didn't come so I have been fiddling with things and changing settings for the past two days using my Hotspot and this evening I turned her on (the iPad is a  girl) and found that I was connected to the internet without the aid of the Hotspot so something I did has worked.

I still cannot connect all my computers with each other or use Wi-Fi to print so if Techie eventually arrives I will ask him to do his worst and get things up and running.  However, one of the sites I visit knows exactly how many computers I own so they are connected somehow  -  probably on the Cloud.  I still have too many passwords between the two iPads but hopefully as I work through things I can synchronise them a bit better but for the moment it is just nice to know that they are both connected.

This morning I clipped the cats' claws  -  a job which I put off for as long as I can because poor little Poppy has arthritis in her right front paw and obviously at some stage someone was a bit rough with her.  It wasn't me  -  I have always been super-careful not to hurt her but she still has to be muzzled to quieten her down.  Parsifal knows that he gets special treats after the operation is over and tries to hurry things up by wriggling but he is no problem.  Poppy enjoys the treats but not the claw clipping so she always gets done first so that she doesn't anticipate  -  if cats are capable of anticipating and judging by their reaction to the serving of their evening soft food they are definitely able to anticipate.


No comments:

Post a Comment