Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Mad Cat Lady

After cleaning out the cats' litter trays the cats always line up to be brushed and this evening I caught myself discussing with them their bowel habits. OK  -  so I talk to my cats.

My fixation on their bowel habits stems from the three of us experiencing an unusually sudden transition from winter to 36 degrees Celsius within 24 hours which triggered a sudden and heavy moult.  Parsifal managed alright but Poppy got fur balls and blocked up, needing medication usually used for people to unblock her.

We have had some weird weather this year with unseasonal storms, gale force winds and hot, humid days.  Thank goodness for air conditioning; at least I can regulate the temperature in the apartment and all the shops are just downstairs in an air conditioned shopping complex.

Cricket lovers who watched the last day of the third Ashes Test Match yesterday would have sampled a bit of our current weather.  The day before yesterday there had been intermittent rain and with possible storms predicted for overnight so the covers were put over the pitch.  They blew off and play was delayed for a couple of hours while leaf-blowers were used to dry a wet patch, and the pitch was scored with cracks  -  a bonus for the bowlers  -  and there were near-gale force winds.  Australia won . . .

The odd weather has triggered my asthma and I have been wheezing for several weeks and my hayfever has been worse than usual but all is settling down now.  A good thing as Christmas is only six days away.  D1 is flying in from Sydney on Friday evening but is only staying for five days.  Tomorrow I need to "do out" the spare room which is usually kept closed and therefore easily ignored until it is needed.  

I will be spending Christmas Day cooking for the family for Boxing Day as Ex and Exette are officially having the family for Christmas Day this year but the family seems to have dug in their toes and D3 will be cooking dinner for them on Christmas Eve.  Maybe it is time for me to dig in my toes and pass on my recipes for potato salad and trifle and let someone else do it.  I wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment