Thursday, February 15, 2018

More on DNA - Well, not really.


My immediate family are horrified that I have decided to have my DNA read.  I am not sure what they think will happen or what dreadful secrets will be unearthed  -  and unearthed is about right  -  it is identifying long dead forebears.



If the family wants scandal and mayhem they only need to look to my mother’s family, starting at about my great grandmother’s generation.  As more and more newspapers are scanned and posted online I am finding more and more things which were never talked about; like a great uncle who divorced his wife for adultery (my maternal uncles were not very gentlemanly) and then continued to live with her until he re-married.  I am not sure what happened to my great Aunt Amelia after that and maybe one day I will follow it up.

Meanwhile, someone posted a studio portrait of my father-in-law on Ancestry.com so I have been spending some time going back in the Ds father’s line.  I have made contact with the person who posted it and it is very peripheral to her particular line of research but she sounds nice and I am hoping to keep in contact with her.

 Regarding my Slush Fund and the problems which I have been having with HTML in Windows 10, I dug out my old Windows 7 laptop (very slow) and found, to my joy, that the right click brings up “View Source” so I will probably use it to get on with recording the dirt on my mother’s family, balanced by my father’s family who were mostly clergymen and South Sea Island Missionaries.

 The man who was supposed to be observing me at COTA with the intention of joining our select little group of teachers was not there today, much to my joy.  He grabbed my second client for himself and treated me like an idiot but I was secretly pleased that he didn’t manage to sort out her problem.  As he had already ‘observed’ the other two teachers I did wonder why he needed to see what I did and it occurred to me that the two Johns had not given him a favourable report  - and I certainly didn’t.

... And today's Sudoku:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent and reboot.
Order shall return.




No comments:

Post a Comment