Thursday, January 3, 2019

StarTrek Revisited

One of the Christmas presents which I bought myself this year was a DVD set of the whole of the first series of Star Trek with Mr Spock and "Beam me up Scotty".  I used to watch it when it first ran many, many years ago and never bothered with the second series.  Just to make sure that they worked I watched the first episode today while I still had the box and Return Form.  I thoroughly enjoyed the absurdity of it all but was a bit handicapped by its lack of subtitles.  I had to sit closer and turn up the sound.  I might do better to watch it on my computer.

My other Christmas presents were a couple of sets of ear-bling from my favourite jeweller who has her shop just across the road from my apartment and next to the shop which sells everything 'cat' so I check out what is being displayed in the window every so often.

Also over the Christmas break I ordered a replacement for a recipe book which D1 lent to one of her friends almost 50 years ago and which I never got back.  Luckily I had added my favourite recipes to my web pages but the replacement book arrived today  -  a second-hand paperback since the book has been long out of print  -  and now I have the whole set again.

On Christmas Eve some silicon food covers arrived by mail in a very timely manner just in time to cover the potato salad and trifle.  I have ordered some more since I am trying not to use plastic food wrapping so Gladwrap is on my 'do not use' list and as of two days ago shops can be fined if they give away non-reusable plastic bags.  I still have a whole drawer full of plastic food stuff of various kinds and am not sure what I am going to do with it all.

My vertigo has almost disappeared, thank goodness, and at the moment I am sleeping better than I can ever remember so I am back to yoga after a break of almost a month but starting with some easy ones to get myself back into the routine.  I haven't yet returned to my walks around Lake Claremont  -  watch this space.

The limerick:-
This one is distinctly off-colour so read it at your peril.

There was a young harlot from Kew
Who filled her vagina with glue.
She said with a grin,
"If they pay to get in,
They'll pay to get out of it, too."



No comments:

Post a Comment