Monday, May 20, 2019

The Eyes Still Have It

This morning I phoned and made an appointment to have my right cataract removed and it will happen on 19th June.  Dr C. must have been fairly certain that I would bite the bullet because there are already two intraocular lenses made to correct my vision waiting to be inserted.  I am assuming that if the right eye is a success then the left one will follow fairly rapidly.  So fingers crossed and I will be able to wear my Randy Rainbow spectacle frames without having to persuade my optometrist to have prescription lenses inserted in them.

Karma is affecting the lifts in the two apartment blocks over the Claremont Quarter.  The main lift in A Block is now out of order and hopefully the residents will not have to wait as long for repairs as we did here in B Block.

I have been entertaining myself knitting wrist warmers for those poor unfortunates who sleep rough.   D2 said that their hands get cold and, for Perth, it can get very cold at night when the wind gets up.  We have had some very cold weather recently with snow on Bluff Knoll; it is far too early in the season to even think of snow here and I suspect that there is going to be a nasty winter.

So far I have knitted four and a half pairs of wrist warmers and no longer need to follow the pattern.  I should finish the fifth pair tomorrow at the knitting group  - and even begin the sixth pair.

Not much going on in my life at the moment; coffee with friends but two of the best coffee shops are upgrading at the moment.  The Portuguese Flamed Chicken eatery has finally opened and seems popular; the gelato place is a bit of a disappointment but I have only tried one flavour and the fish and chips shop is still my favourite.

GB1 now has his drivers' license which is useful and frees his father up but not his father's car as GB1 has flying lessons twice weekly at an airfield with no public transport anywhere nearby.  I need him to work out my new mobile phone for me  -  the instructions which came with it are minimal and the online ones are not much better.  I have put in some names and numbers and am wondering if I should add Mrs 705 but if the fire alarm didn't manage to get her out of bed I doubt if a phone call from me would do so and I would save my cats before I broke in and dragged her out of bed as she is quite capable of getting out on her own.  The cats would not be able to escape a fire on their without me and the kitty carriage.

The Limerick:-

A wanton young lady of Wimley,
Reproached for not acting more primly
Answered, "Heavens above!
I know sex isn't love
But it's such an attractive facsimile."

No comments:

Post a Comment