Monday, December 9, 2019

Still limping around

My leg is getting better; the swelling is almost down although I am still wearing a support stocking and the bruising has almost gone so I am on the mend.

But things seem to be getting busy, what with Christmas and all.  This morning I attended an annual Christmas Brunch organised for and with retired physiotherapists.  As I didn't train here I really do not know any of them well and stubbornly forget their names from one year to the next  -  but it is good anyway.

D2 had a birthday over the weekend and the whole family went out to dinner last night at a restaurant which, when I first moved to Western Australia back in the dark ages, was the most comprehensive delicatessen I have ever seen before or since.  It gradually morphed into a restaurant and is now very busy and very noisy but serves Brussels sprouts cooked a way which D2 is particularly fond of.

The day after tomorrow my master bathroom is having its shower recess re-grouted and silicone sealed and next Tuesday, when the grout has settled, the guest bathroom will have its shower sealed as well. As the floors have to be dry I am currently using the shower in the guest bathroom and find that it is even more badly designed than the Master bathroom.

Mrs Apt B705 died sometime at the end of last week.  Her carer attended to her on Thursday and found her dead yesterday.  She wanted to die but it was a dreadful shock for the carer who had to deal with Ambos and police and clean things up as best she could. Mrs B705 was to have a second carer come in on the three off days but that arrangement was not to start until next year.

We have been having very hot weather  -  over 40 degrees and more to come this week.  Thank heaven for air conditioning although the sea breeze (AKA the Fremantle Doctor to out-of-towners) usually arrives in the afternoon and my apartment faces south so I get full advantage of it when it comes in.

The Limerick:-

A society climber from Crewe
Inquired, "What on earth shall I do?
I of course know what's what
But I fear I have not
The faintest idea of who's who."

No comments:

Post a Comment