Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Bruised Ego

I have, as a part of my de-cluttering drive, started spinning again.  Because my thumbs are getting arthritic I am limiting myself to an hour or the length of one CD.  I have two cupboards full of fleece so it is going to take me a while.

But I have cleared out all of my rubber stamps.  I used to love making my own cards and spent a lot of time making my own Christmas and birthday cards but I haven't done any cards in the last eight years since I moved into the apartment. I threw out my colouring pens a couple of months ago; they had all dried and would have needed re-hydrating so I am slowly clearing out the dross.

Anyway, a week ago today I stepped down a very low curb and there was a loud crack in my right lower leg.  I hobbled home and started ice and compression, having ascertained that everything in my ankle still worked and today I was able for the first time in a week to walk normally without a limp.  However, to get back to the title of this piece, my right ankle and all down my right calf are exactly the colour of my current spinning.  It makes me wonder a bit just what the supplier of my fibre was doing when she dyed and named the colourway "Bruised Ego".

On account of my very sore toe which I have probably mentioned in a previous post I have been buying a few colour co-ordinating walking sticks which I was storing inside a rolled up Pilates mat until Parsifal started playing with the wrist straps and brought the whole arrangement down with a loud crash so I ordered a fancy stick holder which arrived in Melbourne from USA within about three days and then sat in Melbourne for ten days before it finally arrived here in Western Australia.  Made by the same company which makes the sticks it fits nicely into a spare corner and accommodates all my sticks very neatly.

The Limerick:-

Thomas Beecham, his voice like a ratchet,
Cut a poor cellist down like a hatchet.
"You have, twixt your thighs
My dear, a great prize,
And yet you just sit there and scratch it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment