Thursday, November 21, 2019

I have placed a ping-pong ball in the bath.

Parsifal loves it.  I never use the bath and the plughole is on the centre so when Parsifal bats it, it rolls back to the centre.  He is definitely right-pawed and he has been sitting in the bath and batting the ball which rolls back to him to be batted again.  Poppy is intrigued but so far hasn't ventured to try it.  It is hard to entertain oriental cats which are super-intelligent so this is a whole new toy for them. 

 It doesn't replace catching rats which was the main entertainment for previous cats who lived with me and there have been times when I have wished that I could tell these two to go and catch a rat  -  but that is not an option in a high-rise apartment.

The hole in my glass was repaired this morning.  The scaffolding was ferried up yesterday to level 4 and then up a ladder to the balcony of Apartment 511 which is two floors directly below me and from there it was built up to my apartment.  The whole fix looks a little messy to me but it isn't my problem and I can only see it of I squeeze through the hopper window and hang down.  From the street the hole was hard to see so any tatty bits from the repair will be unremarkable.

A couple of days ago I stepped off the curb onto the road and something cracked in my right calf muscle so I am hobbling around with a slightly swollen but rather painful leg.  It is much better than it was and I can now put my heel down when I walk and actually push off a bit so I do not think that I have done myself any permanent damage.  A compression stocking and painkillers may have something to do with it but it is a definite improvement.

The Limerick:-

I think that I may have used this one before from my previous book but it bears repetition.

Concerning the bees and the flowers
In the fields and the gardens and bowers,
You will note at a glance
That their ways of romance
Haven't any resemblance to ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment