Tuesday, June 2, 2020

. . . and all our yesterdays have lighted fools



I had my bone marrow biopsy on Thursday morning without sedation.  The doctor told me that the only thing which could disturb me was the prick of the needle administering the local anaesthetic and that if I had sedation it would take four hours but without it would only be one hour.  

Just after it was finished a rather dishevelled woman rushed into my room and asked me if it really didn't hurt.  After my re-assurance she rushed out again.  I can only assume that she was a nervous patient who had been sent in by the doctor to re-assure her as she seemed to be a bit panicked.

I will get the verdict next Wednesday  but a week today  -  next Tuesday  -  I am having the NBN installed and hopefully I will be able to keep my phone number.  iiNet has assured me that I will be able to keep it but I know of a couple of people who had to fight to keep their phone numbers .  At least iiNet now knows where I live and Custom Strata has told me how to direct the technician to the 'secure electrical box' to make the connection.

It will take four hours and during that time I will not have a phone connection but I can live with that.  Four hours without the internet will be harder but I have a 
'hotspot' and will have it charged up  -  although there is a certain horrible sameness about the news out of USA now which I am already tired of watching so maybe a good book will be the way to go.

On Thursday Custom Strata is holding an Extra-ordinary Annual General Meeting of the Owners Committee on Zoom.  It seems to be an exercise to see if future meetings can be held that way so I have loaded Zoom, sent in a proxy and told Custom Strata that if I can get into the meeting I will be a silent witness.  As there is no agenda I am not going to miss much if the connection doesn't work; my I-Pad was reluctant to let me load the programme as it does not recognise my fingerprint but finally gave in and loaded the app.

It has been a busy week . . .

I am starting to get Cabin Fever so if the weather holds up  -  and from the forecast it will  -  I might have another try at walking around Lake Claremont.  After the weather we had last weekend there should be some water in it again.

The Limerick:-

A fanatic gun-lover named Crust
Was perverse to the point of disgust.
His idea of a peach
Had a sixteen-inch breech
And a pearl-handled .44 bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment