Monday, June 29, 2020

O frabjous day!

After two weeks hanging off the telephone to my Bank I think that things are finally sorted.  Some light crept in on the problem when I found that I was two people and I was locked out when I gave the wrong answers to a security question because the question was set by Person 1 and I had morphed into Person 2.

We have now killed off Person 1 and my test money transfer went through without any problems.  So I need not have bought my so-new mobile phone for which its 'book of works' is still pending.  No doubt there will be a time when I will not regret having spent all that money although SIL says that it should be a tax deduction because I need it for my banking.

I would like to say at this juncture that the 'help people' at MacQuarie Bank have been, throughout, friendly and helpful and although we seem to have come full circle I will be endlessly grateful for their help and patience.

I realised a couple of days ago that my drivers' license was due to expire next week so I made a trip to the Department of Transport by the first free train, figuring that so early on a Monday morning in such horrible weather there would not be a crowd.  There were some people ahead of me and a queue was forming by the time I had organised a replacement so that is another tick off my list.  There are a couple of things pending on my to-do list but nothing urgent and nothing as difficult as my on-line banking problems.

D2 has moved her car out of my secure parking place because the secure parking areas are going to be cleaned tomorrow.  I was too tired yesterday to help her with getting a new battery installed and cleaning the greasy drip trays.  Her cars are all incontinent so the drip trays are essential.

I am still in semi-lockdown and everyone is very good about not getting too close and there are bottles of hand sanitiser at the entrances to all the shops and all the shopping trolleys and baskets are sanitised before being handed to me.  Western Australia still has a closed border and D1 will probably not be able to come to stay at Christmas time which is sad.  Maybe next year.  Anyone coming into the State must quarantine for 14 days.

The Limerick:-

This is an old one but so good that it bears repetition . . .

I sat next to the duchess at tea,
It was just as I feared would be.
Her rumblings abdominal
were simply phenomenal,
And everyone thought it was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment