Saturday, December 25, 2021

Covid Koala is back on the windowsill

Chaos reigns within.

Reflect, repent, and reboot

Order will return.

(24-12-21) As of seven pm last night there is a Statewide mask mandate due to a French backpacker who flew into the State, just before the border clamped shut, and proceeded to visit cafes, nightclubs and other crowded venues.  He had tested negative to Covid before he flew in from Queensland and unknowingly infected five people.  Fortunately he used the SafeWA App so his contacts are being trace and tested.

The Mask Mandate will continue until 28 December and will then be reviewed.

*  *  *

I took a break after the last paragraph and it is now Boxing Day.  We are in the middle of a heatwave; yesterday the temperature was 42 degrees and today is predicted to be 44 degrees.  I have very efficient air conditioning so it was good that the family all came to me for Christmas day.  After lunch we played a game which GB2 brought: very funny and not limited by such things as the number of players or political correctness.  I called a halt at 5.30 when Parsifal emerged to tell me that he was hungry and that it was past his dinnertime.

D1 and I had arranged for her to Skype me when she arrived home from her Christmas party (she is three hours ahead of us here in Perth) but I kept getting "slow connection.  Try again later" when she called me, so I tried again but no luck and this morning tried D1's mobile number and eventually reached her on the landline.  Obviously since the whole of Australia seems to be in lockdown now all the lines were busy.  It was a pity that the whole family were unable to get together but . . . maybe next year.

I have a wet towel over the poor worms as they are out on the balcony.  It could be worse; my balcony faces South but the air is stifling and no change in sight as far as I have heard and no sea breeze either.  Hopefully all the arsonists are sleeping off their 
Christmas dinners as the sky is clear of smoke.

The limerick:-

I knew a young lady named Clair
Who possessed a magnificent pair.
Or that's what I thought
'Till I saw one caught
On her brooch and began losing air.






No comments:

Post a Comment