Thursday, February 10, 2011

More on the house, the apartment and the cats - sorry ...

I have been reading up on the by-laws for the Apartments and I can have two cats if I have written permission from the “Council”. As there is no council yet I can’t do that but the Strata Manager will be on the council and our Multiplex Rep suggested that I should email him and send her a carbon copy to speed things up. Unfortunately he is on holidays until 21st of this month so I will have to contain myself in patience and probably miss out on the two little boys who seem to be available.

The MR has finally come clean with an address for the apartments so I’ll have cards printed and a stamp made at some stage soon.

Since the web page for the house went online there have been 1199 hits (to 9/2/2011) which the realtor says is almost unprecedented; there were 33 enquiries and there are six interested parties although none has fronted up with a price to start the bidding. The house will be open for inspection again on Saturday (today is Thursday).

The computer lounge at COTA started up again this week and I had two very nice clients, both wanting word processing help although the second one, as soon as we started was able to remember all that she has learnt before. Unfortunately she has a new computer which she bought some months ago but hasn’t used, and no-one told her that she would need to charge the battery for 16 hours first up so it wouldn’t fire up at all; not even a flicker. Mine refused to load (I spent most of the afternoon restoring and error checking it and it seems to be working fine now) but that left us with the COTA computer and I was trying to explain about the sort of information one could get from the internet when her eyes lighted up and she asked me if I could find out about a large number of skeletons on St Helena from a body dump by slavers in the 19th century. We found a news article about it and she went off happy to see if she could get it printed at the library with the help of the key search words I used and the name of the article. Naturally, the COTA printer is not connected to the computer I use …

No comments:

Post a Comment