Friday, July 8, 2011

They have really stuffed it up this time

I have received the documents to sign in order to transfer the Apartment to my name but the address on the documents puts me in Apartment 30 in a 29 apartment block with a totally fictitious address. I have been assured by my settlement agent that as long as the Lot number and Folio number are correct the address is irrelevant. Multiplex's settlement agent is aware of the problem and was fielding phone calls all yesterday. The advice is to sign anyway and the rest will sort itself out in time.

The other small problem is that the financial statement which informs me of how much I need to pay has not taken into account the 50% of the interest on my deposit to which I am entitled, which could be in the vicinity of $20,000 and my settlement agent was not able to tell me how, if and when this will be corrected. So it looks as though settlement will be some time away although officially it is set for 25th July.

I have done the final inspection of the apartment and the Multiplex rep is going to talk to "the boys' about the bad positioning of the toilet roll holder in the main bathroom. I am not holding my breath that anything will be done. The oven is tiny but I guess that I can always go across the lane to the superior hamburger place and eat takeaway ...

The towel rail in the main bathroom is right over on the opposite wall to the shower recess. The planning is so bad that I cannot understand why no-one has ever complained before. I assume that all the bathrooms are laid out on much the same plan. For what I am paying it is NOT GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment