Friday, June 21, 2013

Explosions in my head

I went to consult my ENT neurologist this last week and he said that on no account was I ever to have an MRI.  I was refused an MRI a few years ago when I had a bursa on my hip joint on account of the possibility that I had some steel wire in my ear and needed to know just what was in there.

He also said that yoga was a very good thing to do as it would challenge my labyrinths and slow down the deterioration or even improve my balance; and my hearing has hardly deteriorated since I saw him last which was years ago.  So it was all good news and I just have to work at staying upright.  I have several yoga DVDs which is cheaper than going across the road to classes and I can do it in my own time at my own pace.

The cats are well and Poppy is consenting to be brushed at the moment.  Parsifal, little hedonist that he is, writhes in ecstasy and rolls around to present his whole body.  Needless to say, he has no loose hair left to brush off.  At the moment they are both curled up in my dirty clothes basket in the laundry so I can't (or won't) do any washing at the moment.

Starting the day after tomorrow I think that "The Lane" is going to have some major works done on it as we have all been notified that it will be noisy from 7.00am until 9.00am every morning of the coming week.  It would be nice if a street number was incorporated but I am not holding my breath on that one.

My man with the I-Pad came to COTA on Thursday to say that the battery is dead and Apple will not replace it; they told him to buy the latest model instead.  My other supposed client has not turned up for the first two lessons and Himself had no official clients so we did some sorting out for a couple of the staff and volunteers and then went and had a cup of coffee.  A fun and relaxing morning ...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment