Friday, May 25, 2018

Richest Man Alive Issues Dire Warning

The title of this post comes from a sidebar linked to an article which I didn't read but which set me wondering if the richest man dead agrees with the sentiment or if he has a different take on the situation.  Maybe I should join the grammar police, the apostrophe police and/or the hyperbole police.

When I opened my blog site this morning there was a huge yellow message telling me that I need to inform all my readers in Europe that there might be cookies here.  Of course there are cookies but not set by me; Google will most certainly set cookies so, European readers  -  there will be cookies.

On the subject of cookies  -  some of them are spyware and need to be cleared regularly and especially before doing ANY financial transactions online and log out of any financial sites after you have finalised your transactions.  I also clear my cookies after any financial or sensitive transactions just in case.

Winter has arrived with a vengeance with two days of torrential rain, gales and thunderstorms although it has not been very cold.  The only place which didn't receive the rain was down south, around Albany, which was subjected to over 70 bushfires which were fanned by said gales  -  but no rain.  That is really sod's law in action.

I have used up all the sudokus so I have hauled out my book of Limericks which I rescued from my MIL's house during the clear-out before everything was sold and I will post an occasional one here.  I'll try to select relatively benign ones although part of the joy of Limericks is that they are usually a bit politically incorrect or downright salacious. Remember, I didn't write them . . .

Here we go.  This one is considered to be the ultimate limerick  -  Introduction, Story and Conclusion all in five lines.

There was once a young man of Cape Horn
Who wished that he'd never been born
And he wouldn't have been
If his father had seen
That the end of the rubber was torn.

No comments:

Post a Comment