Sunday, May 6, 2018

Life Gets Tejus, Don't It

I seem to run out of time these days and I have realised that the culprit is American Politics to which I have become addicted.  Australian politics is really boring, nothing like the chaos which is America and I am spending an inordinate amount of time watching Rachel Maddow and a variety of comedians on a variety of Late Night Shows.

I also had to call a locksmith in when my door handles started falling off and I was unable to work out how to get into their inner workings to tighten the screws.  I know now but my fingers are not strong enough to remove the outer ring so it will be SIL or GB1 who has to come to the rescue.

And I have been given the super new quadruple-strength 'flu vaccine.  Last year Western Australia was essentially fairly mildly affected but a large number of people in the Eastern States died, especially the elderly and the chronically ill people so a super-vaccine has been made available for those over 65 and only administered by a doctor.  Normally 'flu vaccines are available at the local pharmacy and administered by a pharmacist.

I had a slight reaction to the stronger dose  -  a bit headachy and a big muscle achy but it only lasted for a couple of days and hopefully I will now be safe from the killer 'flu this winter.

And in two days time I will be off to the Eye Institute for a preliminary visit to check out my cataracts and discuss what is to be done about them.  My optometrist panicked me by saying that, because I have had laser work done on my retinas the surgery might be a bit more difficult and I must expect to be hospitalised instead of having Day Surgery.

My main problem is the cats; overnight is OK; I can leave them for that long but any longer they will need feeding and the cleaning out of their litter trays.  GB1 has agreed to do it if necessary and as he is at a school close by and has to walk past my apartment to get to the train station he seems to be the logical one to get the job.

On the strength of the uncertainty about the timing of the surgery I have tried to resign from COTA and that went down not so well but I will have to stop at some stage and even though someone has gutted all the junk from the computers, Windows 10 is not easy to teach to people who haven't progressed through earlier versions of Windows.

D1 has sent me, for Mothers' Day, what feels like one of those caps which Mr Trump wears but I doubt if it has any sort of political slogan on it  -  probably cats at a guess; people always give me cat presents.

The Sudoku for this episode of my Blog:

Out of memory.
We wish to hold the whole sky
But we never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment