Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Adam versus Darwin

I had an interesting phone conversation this morning.  I realised immediately that it was not a telemarketer because there was no background noise of a big room full of talking people  -  and the caller gave his full name  -  and he had an Australian accent.

He introduced himself as a Jehovah's Witness and invited me to a meeting next Sunday in Subiaco which is about ten minutes up the Fremantle train line.  As he was polite and not pushy I politely declined his invitation and then he asked me if I believed in Creation  -  which I don't.

I told him that I had been to a very High Anglican boarding school and by the age of 16 I had formed my own ideas about the Bible which was that the first two chapters of the OT were fiction and the later ones were probably based on some truth but very partisan and to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Then I asked him how he had got hold of my phone number.  He said that he had been going through the telephone book and phoning anyone who lived in the Western Suburbs.  That sort of dedication is amazing and deserves that he brings in a good crowd.  All power to him and I wish him well although I refuse to believe for a minute that I was created from any man's rib and FYI men have 12 ribs on each side and have done so since the first humanoid.

I had my eyes checked out last Wednesday and was found to have cataracts but so far have not heard from the organisation nominated to remove them but it might be a good time to resign from COTA although someone has finally cleaned out the computers.  It is about time someone did and since two of the teachers are ex-IT people I suspect that one of them did it on the sly because I have been threatening to delete all the old files and been told that they probably belong to someone who will miss them when they are gone.  Both computers now think that they are named Boardroom 1 but since the password is the same for both anyway I can't see that it matters at all.

Today's Sudoku:-

You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

No comments:

Post a Comment