Sunday, April 8, 2018

My Bucket List


I have been compiling my Bucket list.  I am not sure how the phrase came into being but I gather that it is the things which I intend to do before I die.  I don’t think that my list closely resembles those of others who have listed their pre-demise must-do activities.

I started organising my list this morning and here it is:



Visit my Optometrist and get my eyes checked out for cataract and glaucoma and be tested for newer, stronger spectacles.  Appointment made.

Visit audiologist for hearing test and aids adjusted or replaced.  Appointment made.

Visit Podiatrist to see if he has any bright ideas on how to treat the exostosis in Right second toe.  I am not holding my breath on this one as a surgical podiatrist has already referred me to a corn cutter when I know that it needs surgery.  In the immortal words of Donald Trump  -  ‘we will see’.

Get the fridge door fixed.  Miele technician or handyman?

Organise an electrician to replace the flickering or dead lights.

Set my new alarm clock/bed shaker as I am sleeping through the alarm on my current alarm clock.

Organise for the ‘Big Persian’ to be taken away and cleaned.  Six years of two black cats and it is starting to look grubby.

Organise to have my pictures more securely hung.  I don’t trust the fishing line which Second Wife organised.  Parsifal (first cat) likes to swing them and a couple have fallen down.

Organise to have my limited edition  plates securely attached to a wall so that they can go on display.  They have been packed away for over six years.

TIDY  UP  THE  CHAOS  WHICH  IS  MY  APARTMENT



I have given up on  the Mendus Family for now but there are still questions not yet answered.  They are like a willow-the-wisp and keep calling me back.  It is really a ‘just because they are there’ attraction and all of my Welsh connections are complicated by the limited number of Family Surnames  -  the Welsh having come to them later than the rest of England and they are mostly derived from Given names I.e. Thomas, Evans, Johns, Rees, Davies, Roberts, Richards, Rogers  etc. -  I am sure that you get the gist.



The Sudoku:-

A crash reduces

Your expensive computer

To a simple stone.






No comments:

Post a Comment