Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Busy, Busy, Busy.

I have just looked at my calendar for next week and I have something on every day and it is not going to get any better as we wind up to Christmas.

On the subject of busy I have saved a quote from Rachel Maddow on the subject.  I saved it because in made me burst out laughing.  Sarcasm will get you almost anywhere, even onto my blog.  It relates to Donald Trump's non-visit to the Arlington Memorial:


"As for the president being “extremely busy” on Veterans Day, his official White House schedule included no events.

Trump also found time last Monday to publish plenty of tweets, including missives demanding Florida officials stop counting lawful ballots and blaming Democrats for recent stock market losses.

I don’t doubt he was at least somewhat busy – the president’s television isn’t going to watch itself – but the idea that Trump couldn’t have taken some time to do what presidents do on Veterans Day is very hard to take seriously."

I have had my 'seniors' check' which I hope that I passed  -  but my doctor informed me as I went out the door, that I have weak legs.  She didn't test them and I am seriously annoyed and will show her how to muscle test and throw in how to test for balance for good measure.  Last time I looked, the most common cause of fractured neck of femur was elderly people getting up in the dark in the middle of the night to spend a penny.

I can actually remember back to a time when to spend a penny was a reality.  There was a shop in Adelaide, South Australia, where a penny in the slot opened the door to the cubicle.  The store was Miller Andersons and it may still be there.  I know that the doors were kept (probably heritage listed) and one acquired the necessary penny from the attendant.  I do not suppose that there are attendants any more either.  FYO  -  I do not live in South Australia and did not set out to find antique public toilets last time I was there.

And now the limerick:-

There was a young lady of Condover
Whose husband had ceased to be fond of her.
He could not forget
He had wooed a brunette
But peroxide had now made a blonde of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment