Friday, November 16, 2018

Christmas Comes, Thankfully, but Once a Year

My tooth has been filled.  It was such a huge cavity that I didn't think that it would be possible but it is done and dusted and only took an hour so I managed the string bag knitting workshop where I knitted my eternal scarf which is what I fall back on when I do not want to knit something where I have to keep count of rows or stitches.  String bags I do not need; I have more bags than I could possibly use already.

So now I have to think about Christmas.  It is my turn to have the family on Christmas Day although D2 is working.  The menu is the same every year  -  potato salad and trifle although D3 and family cannot eat the trifle because of milk protein and gluten sensitivities.  D3 brings dessert for her family but I have been told about a delicious orange and almond cake and thought that I might buy one for the D3s and anyone else who wants a piece.

I seem to be spending more and more time at my computer reading about the goings-on in USA and The United Kingdom.  We are not doing all that well here at present either but things look as though they are about to really blow up in UK and USA

Poppy is back on anti-inflammatory medication and is much more settled and so far this evening there have been no spats.  Parsifal goes riding in the kitty carriage most days and is very vocal when he wants to go out.  I am meeting some interesting people who stop to talk.  There is the nice man who sells "The Big Issue" and who has a cat at home but has a toy cat in his trolley.  I run into him quite often and today I met a man wearing a crown.  I had a feeling that he and his friend were from the hostel over the railway line but I am only guessing.

As you can see, I have done very little and need to get back to crossing items off my bucket list of things which I have been putting off  -  such as calling in an electrician to replace all the lights which have failed, about half a dozen at last count.  I keep putting it off because I think that the light in my study is about to fail  - but the power to the area has been upgraded and flickering has stopped.  And getting the fridge door adjusted.

The limerick:-

This one was, according to my book, written by the Reverend Charles Inge.

A Lady while dining at Crewe
Found an elephant's whang in her stew.
Said the waiter, "Don't shout,
Or wave it about, 
Or the others will all want one too."


No comments:

Post a Comment