Sunday, November 11, 2018

Just When . . .

After a couple of weeks of something happening most days I thought that I finally had a clear view of this next week.  Too bad that on Friday one of my fillings fell out into my muesli and the first appointment to see my dentists is tomorrow lunch time which is, sadly, going to clash with my knitting group although I will probably manage it albeit late.

There is going to be a workshop on knitting string bags which I do not need so I am not missing a lot.  Living over the top of a shopping centre containing two supermarkets I simply load my groceries back into the trolley and wheel it all upstairs.

Last week I had to have a physical check-up and a 'seniors' mental assessment very similar to the one which Donald Trump insisted on to prove that he is not dementing.  His was on paper and on-line so that he could learn the answers but although mine was similar it was random questions which hopped all over the place so that I didn't know if they were going to throw a curve ball next time around.

I got one wrong that I know of; asked the date I managed the year and the month but fell down on the date.  I have been so fixated in November 6th (Americans will relate to that) that I said the sixth instead of the eighth.  I was able to confidently repeat the phrase "No ands ifs or buts" because it was used where I used to work, I had to spell 'world' backwards and write a sentence.  I cheated there by using a line from a poem so it was in my long-term memory but I have no problem writing sentences or I would not be writing this blog.  And no serial sevens; that is one which I practise when I can't sleep  -  a bit like counting sheep.

D1 flew over for a couple of days to attend S/W's birthday and walked off with my shower cap but she will be back for Christmas.  I went out and bought a new one today.  It was needed anyway.

The limerick:-

There was a young maiden from Multerry,
Whose knowledge of life was desultory;
She explained, like a sage,
"Adolescence?  The stage
Between puberty and - er - adultery."

No comments:

Post a Comment