Wednesday, October 24, 2018

All Clear

The results of the scan I had last week show that everything is normal.  The ultrasound technician was correct.  Never underestimate technicians -  especially from New Zealand  -  they often see more than the doctors and soon learn to interpret their own scans.

Today I had four nuisance calls on my personal alarm before lunch so I phoned the personal alarm help line who was not able to give me any help except to tell me to press the SOS button to cancel the call.  All well and good but I have to dig it out from under all my clothes which is not a good look when I am out having coffee with D3 and SIL.  I asked if there are many complaints about nuisance calls, was told 'no, not many' and realised why.  The man suggested that I ask the telemarketer to cross me off the list. Jear Desus!

I have lifted that expletive from a funny video lesson on learning to knit.  The man who created it seems to have made a fair number of "how to" videos and I will be following them up.

I was still getting dressed this morning (having been woken up by the first nuisance call) when I received a call from D3 to say that she and SIL were downstairs and would I like to join them for coffee so with that nice start to the day and the news of the scan results at the end of the day, all in all it has been good.  

The weather is predicted to warm up over the next few days so hopefully, now that I do not need biopsies or other invasive procedures, I will be out around the lake soaking up all that vitamin D.  Summer is finally getting here.

Yesterday was D1's birthday and she is getting older than I would like to think that any of my daughters are, GB1 had his end of formal school ceremony last night and my internet server turned 25, also yesterday.  I thought that I had been on the internet for longer than that so it was something of a surprise. A big day, yesterday.

The limerick:-

There was a young lady of Louth
Who returned from a trip to the South.
Her father said, 'Nelly,
There's more in your belly
Than ever went in by your mouth."

No comments:

Post a Comment