Thursday, October 4, 2018

Boomerang Drone Mk. 4

The eagle has landed!

The drone was dropped off at the Post Office today and a notification was emailed to me.  A.D. from Amazinglycats.com told me that she had added some glitter balls to thank me for my patience but . . . the original glitch was that I neglected to put my Apartment Number in my address.  I emailed a correction before any despatch was possible but it arrived in Australia and was returned due to insufficient address.  

I paid to have it re-posted and iterated the correct address.  That was three months ago and it arrived today still with the wrong address but it had instructions to deliver it to the nearest Post Office and my telephone number was also on the label so besides sending it back to sender there were two alternatives to get the drone delivered.

So my insufficient postal address now seems to be fixed in concrete and anything else I buy from that company is going to face the same problem.  And if the drone doesn't work with fresh batteries it is a double reason to look elsewhere for cat toys.

Anyway, I have charged up the drone itself and put batteries into the control but the batteries may be old because there is a blinking light and no lift-off.  I will buy new batteries and try again after which I will turn it over to my grandson to see if he can get it going.

Parsifal appears to have had an intestinal blockage and was not happy about the Vet examining him so he ripped up my arm.  Things are moving again and I now have supply of tranquilisers just in case.  They are due for their annual physical early next year and I am not looking forward to it; nor is their vet.  I suggested taking the cats for visits to acclimatise them to the premises and found that many pet owners do that, especially dog owners.  They just sit in the waiting room for while and then leave so that is what I will be doing.

The Limerick:-

Concerning the bees and the flowers
In the fields and the gardens and bowers,
You will note at a glance
That their ways of romance
Haven't any resemblance to ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment