Thursday, August 29, 2019

"Maybe it's something to do with spring."

Yesterday was a hot day; today gales and rain and more of that to come over the next week.  I had my hair cut today and left the salon and into a gale.  By the time I got home I had to walk through the rain.  So much for expensive styling.

And as I walked up the main drag I was greeted by the Australia Post courier for the local area and that says much about my shopping habits which have escalated while I wait for my new glasses.  I have been spending more time than usual sitting in front of my computer and remembering things which I had planned to buy online when I got around to it.  A couple of days ago I made a list of the things which I have ordered online and there were seven items.

It is a bit of a worry but I have had one win.  I need a replacement for my regular handbag which is looking very tired but although I have looked diligently in handbag shops I have never found one with eleven pockets.  A few days ago I went into a new handbag shop in the arcade to see if they had anything (they didn't) but the assistant suggested that I should look on the zipper tag of the old bag where I would find the name of the maker, go online and see what they have to offer.  I did this and the maker's name actually was on the zipper tag so I went online and have ordered one which looks to be almost identical but maybe has a couple fewer pockets.

The cats have gone into hibernation and sleep for most of the day curled up together although some mornings I wake up to one or both of them either in or on my bed, depending on how cold the morning is.

Last night I unearthed my first MS Surface computer, charged it up and found that it was loaded with Win 8.1 which was one of my favourite operating systems because it is very decorative. The trouble was that it is so long since I have used it that after I had loaded the upgrades and scanned the hard drive I realised that I had forgotten how to turn it off and had to go to my Win 10 computer and ask.  If its battery can still hold a charge I will probably use it as it is small and light  -  about the size of my I-Pad.  

 The limerick:-

'Tis  favourite project of mine
A new value for 'pi' to assign.
I would fix it at 3
For its simpler, you see,
Than 3 point 1 4 1 5 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment