Wednesday, August 14, 2019

"Oh Happy Day"

I have started spinning again and it, so far, doesn't hurt at all  -  or hardly at all.  I have two cupboards full of fibre waiting to be spun and goodness knows what I am going to do with it all; spun or unspun.  Roberta had retained all her current settings but I had to replace a couple of small rubber rings and , of course, she needed some oil and grease.

My eyes are adjusting to their new status and the spectacles which I am wearing at the moment are working fairly well except for close vision.  I decided to try for the cheap pharmacy reading glasses promised by my ophthalmologist and found a pair which was great for the right eye but I couldn't see a thing out of the left lens so I have abandoned that idea and tomorrow I am off to see my optometrist and between us we are going to try for something which works. I will need reading glasses which work for both eyes and new computer glasses so that I do not have to sit a metre away from my monitor.

I am hoping that it will be possible to use my Randy Rainbow frames for my reading glasses but will have to let Mark be the judge of whether or not the technicians can get new lenses into them.  I'll use the frames which I already use for computer glasses and use the frames which I was using before the cataract surgery for one of the two for everyday use as I always need a spare pair.

The head of my local library has just had both eyes done and looked as unbalanced and unfocused as I was.  I know exactly how she is feeling.

And I am back to regular yoga and stretching out again.  To start with I was very stiff and sore but that is improving as I mobilise my joints and especially my back.

The Limerick:-

All new-fashioned boats he eschiouxs,
And uses the birch-bark caniouxs;
These are handy and light
And inverted at night
Give shelter from storms and from dyiouxs.

The spell checker is having some problems with this series of limericks.

No comments:

Post a Comment