Saturday, August 10, 2019

A Bit Remiss

It is a while since I have been here and no excuse except that I have been having some problems with my new eye with its very variable focus.  This seems to be settling down now but I am still having to sit about a metre from my computer monitor and reading is difficult. I need reading glasses and probably computer glasses as well but for general viewing my right eye is much better than it was before (except for close work which is to be expected) and my distance vision in the right eye is better than the left one with correction lenses.

Now, of course I can see all the cat litter which the babies tread over the floor and I am vacuuming more often so have ordered a couple more filters for my Dyson Stick as, with all the rain we have had over the last couple of weeks the filter takes two days to dry and I can't vacuum again until it is dry.

I am back to doing yoga five times per week after quite a long break and am very, very stiff.  That should wear off in another week and I will be right back into it, albeit a bit wobbly in the lunges as my balance, never good, is not helped by my erratic vision.

I am still reading the Mueller Report in my e-reader but it is not very good at returning to my previous page after looking at a footnote so am swapping from Kobo to print and back to Kobo.  Reading glasses should fix that and since the e-reader version cost me (from memory) $0.10 it will be no loss to abandon the e-version if and when.

At the end of July I attended the Retired Physiotherapists Christmas in July.  Because I did not graduate here there are very few familiar faces but the man who runs the CafĂ© where we go used to be one of my assistants at one time.  I didn't recognise him the first time I saw him there but he remembered me and it took me ages to place him; it is over 30 years since we worked together.

The local Council wants our knitting group to knit Christmas decorations for the Council's fund-raising tree  -  donate and get a knitted Christmas tree.  I have opted out and will probably go back to knitting beanies ready for next winter and maybe some more wrist warmers if I can find suitable yarn.

And the Limerick:-

When out on the warpath the Sioux
March single file - never by tioux  -
And by 'blazing' the trees
Can return at their ease,
And their way through the forests ne'er lioux.

No comments:

Post a Comment