Saturday, July 20, 2019

A lot seems to be happening

On Wednesday I was scheduled to get the final verdict from my ophthalmologist after four weeks of no water in the eye, sleeping with an eye shield and a multitude of eyedrops and my eye certainly still wasn't ready to manage without spectacles.

The Lions Eye Institute has a myriad of fancy equipment to peer into and measure eyes and the verdict was that the fact that I still didn't have perfect vision was that I had quite severe astigmatism which could not be corrected by an interocular lens.  The ophthalmologist's advice was to go back to my optometrist and get myself some spectacles to correct the astigmatism.

So on Thursday I had  my eyes checked again and apart from the astigmatism I now have almost perfect vision in the right eye  and the left eye needed new lenses as well so I am now waiting for my new glasses.

Meanwhile I am trying to read the Mueller Report which, if anyone has taken a look at it, has pages of tiny print which I can't focus on and lots and lots of black to cover the redactions.  I have therefore downloaded it onto my Kobo at great expense (I think that I paid 10 cents) which is much easier to read but I suspect that it misses out a lot and I periodically refer to the print book for confirmation.  When I can read properly again I will tackle the original again.

I have also been trying to knit with a horrible yarn which splits and I have to keep on dropping stitches down and picking up the strands which I missed.  I am not happy with the result of the wrist warmer which I eventually finished so I will use the rest of the yarn for beanies  but will knit the second wrist warmer when I can see properly again.  It would be a shame to waste all the effort I put into the first one by not finishing the pair.

For the limerick I am going to repeat one which I used some time ago because it is the first of a series about the Sioux.  That word sound probably has more rhymes than any other word in the English language so it is easy to make up poems using that sound.  My apologies to any Native Americans I might offend but the limericks are published and out there.

The Limerick:-

A wandering tribe, called the Siouxs
Wear Moccasins, having no Shiouxs.
They are made of buckskin,
With the fleshy side in,
Embroidered with beads of bright Hyioux.

No comments:

Post a Comment