Saturday, July 6, 2019

Still struggling with my eyes

Just over two weeks after having my cataract removed I am struggling.  I never know when I wake up in the morning which eye will be the best to see out of.  The right eye which was the one I had the cataract removed from is immeasurably better than it was but not perfect  -  except sometimes.  

The left eye is good with corrective lenses but hopeless without my glasses and I juggle lenses and eyepatches depending on what and when I need to see something.  I will be seeing the surgeon again in about eleven days so there is still time for improvement or maybe he will have to go in again and do something about the retina.  The left eye should be a lot less complicated.

I am back to researching my family tree and have found that, except for my grandmother's siblings the Sexton line is dead but my grandmother had eight siblings so that should keep me busy for a while and the family of my grandfather's real father and his family are almost uncharted waters.

I have spent a lot of time listening to MSNBC and knitting  -  something which I do not need good focus to do but I have run out of yarn and the weather is not an encouragement to brave the rain to go and buy more.

And the weather has really been awful with freezing gale-force winds and a great deal of rain.  It is mid-winter and what we should be expecting but the last few winters have been milder than this.

The cats are well but not rapt in their diet so they sleep most of the time and then nag me to feed them, which I won't.  They have their times and I am trying to stick to them.

I am having problems with this computer and think that it is probably  caused by the virus scanner which the people who cleaned out my computer installed.  The problem is mainly with Facebook so that I have to use my I-Pad for some things.  I agreed to leave the program installed for a year but am about to remove it and either go back to doing what I was doing before or install a different virus scanner.

The Limerick:-

Written by Arnold Bennett (1867 -1942)

There was a young man of Montrose
Who had pockets in none of his clothes.
When asked by his lass
Where he carried his brass,
He said, "Darling, I pay through the nose."

Sorry  -  I am repeating myself.  I'll try not to do it again

No comments:

Post a Comment