Sunday, April 5, 2020

Covid-19 (Mk 3)

I have finally found the hidden treasure  -  a pack of toilet rolls.  I don't actually need any but it was too good a prize to pass up so I bought a 20-pack which I have stored away with my hoarded cat food.

D2, who is back at work in RPH Emergency was very insistent that I should activate Skype.  I have it on this desktop computer but with no mic or camera it was not ideal.  On my I-Pad I have Facetime which seems to simply be a Mac version of Skype and despite the fact that D2 has an Apple computer she refused to use it.  I have the Skype App on my I-Pad but it needed a fingerprint to load it and, as I have found to my cost, it refuses to read any of the fingerprints which I have registered.  It is a problem which I have had before and I had to go into the Apple Shop to load the last app which needed a fingerprint.  That is not an option now that I am in lock-down.

So I went online and asked how to bypass the fingerprint problem and these were the suggestions:  register a toe print; use one of my cats' toes or register one of my nipples.  What??

I was so angry that I started hitting the fingerprint icon rapidly and repeatedly and suddenly I was in.  I am not sure if I just managed to hit some magic spot which registered or if my i-Pad simply gave up the fight.  The silly part was that it already knew who I was as it had connected with the Skype on my desktop  computer and had all my details.

Anyway, D2 and I had a virtual afternoon tea yesterday and later D1 Skyped me which meant that I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn this morning to phone her in Sydney which is three hours ahead for six months of the year.

There was a session on homemade face masks during the TV news this evening.  The best one was a pair of bikini pants worn sideways. The crutch goes over the nose and mouth and the leg holes are over the eyes   I have some which I bought and which turned out to be a two-pair pack and the pair I first wore was extremely uncomfortable so this particular knicker was brand new, unworn and waiting to be given to charity.  I am going to keep it in lieu of my hijabs.  It might give someone a laugh.

The Limerick:-

I'm the very best scout in the troop,
And the very best cook in the group.
Bread I can toast
And lamb I can roast,
And I've tried but I cannot pee soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment