Monday, April 27, 2020

"Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow creeps . . .

       [I]n this petty pace from day to day to the last syllable of recorded time; and all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death."  (Wm Shakespeare's MacBeth).

We are lucky here in Australia that the pandemic was never allowed to get away from us and most cases in Australia came off cruise ships.  I have been in lock-down for weeks and life is getting tedious.  I made myself some masks but they are hardly needed since most of the shops downstairs are closed with only the two supermarkets and the pharmacies open, along with Bunnings Hardware and Zoo Pet Supplies, both of which are considered to be essential services.  I did break out to go to the doctor for my 'flu vaccination  -  travelling on an almost empty train.

I have been spending my time listening to The Rachel Maddow Show, looking at Facebook and sporadically cleaning the Apartment, ironing and reading.  I have not panic-bought toilet paper but sometimes shoppings is a sort of Hobson's Choice and you take what you can or, in extremis try again in a day or two.

The cats,and especially Parsifal, have been driving me crazy; they want to go for a run in the passage but cats can get the virus so I am keeping them in the apartment.  Parsifal has been trying to get into the TV to meet all the people there ( he does that every so often) and while looking for  my 'Miniscule' DVDs to keep him quiet I came across a set of "Music for Cats" so I am playing one at the moment and Poppy is entranced; even Parsifal has stopped shouting.

I now have Skype on my I-Pad so I can connect with D1 and D2 but D3 seems to think that I can contaminated her via radio waves and, having ordered me into quarantine has pretended that I do not exist.  And yes, I have phone her a couple of times but have to run the gauntlet of SIL1 who is the telephone answerer.

Enough of my complaints  -  the Limerick:-

There once was a bear at the zoo
Who complained he had nothing to do.
"It's boring, you know,
Just to go to and fro,
I think that I'll go fro and to,"

No comments:

Post a Comment