Monday, August 24, 2009

Facebook and my mobile phone

I am having problems with my mobile phone and I really need to learn to use it properly. The trouble is with facebook. Every time I make a post (and I now own a group with 38 members) I have to type in one of those random words which are so hard to decipher. To stop doing this I need to give them my mobile number and they will text me a code to verify my account. My problem is that I can't find the code and I have tried to do it several times. The phone signals a message and I diligently try to locate it only to find that I am making phone calls, which I try to kill before they connect. D3 received one in reply to a message she sent a couple of years ago so now I am too scared to even sit down and try to work out how to find my way around the phone which seems to have taken on a life of its own. The book of words is less than useless and seems to assume prior knowledge of mobiles, which I haven't got and never will get at this rate. D3 says that she will show me but she works and has two kids and it is hard to find the time. Maybe I can take her out to lunch and we can have a working session ...

I originally got the phone so that I could phone for help if my car breaks down at night - or even during the day since Telstra seems to have a policy of removing all the public phones and planting them up and down Bayview Terrace in Claremont, where one trips over them every few metres. ... and I can make calls from the mobile if I need to - it is just that it is doing its own thing now and I am in danger of making nuisance calls while I try to retrieve my message with that elusive code.

No comments:

Post a Comment