Thursday, August 20, 2009

More facebook

After joining facebook and putting my name up at the Old School Site nothing happened. Nothing at all. Obviously no-one is going to admit being that old ...

So I joined the group of people who share my surname. That was a couple of days ago. There are a lot of members but again - nothing ...

However, this morning, just before I had to rush for the train to go and teach computer to Senior Citizens I did a search for a group dedicated to Australian Bookcrossers. There were heaps of bookcrossing groups in a variety of languages but I couldn't find an Australian one so I very rapidly started one and then left for the day. When I got home, to my amazement there were eighteen new members. Yeah!! One person also told me a link to "bookcrossers down under" which I hadn't thought to put into the search engine. It has heaps of members but doesn't look all that active.

*grin* now that I have my group I don't know what the heck to do with it. This was supposed to be a learning exercise and I can see that I am going to have to learn very fast.

One member of a forum I visit has 'offered' himself as a friend but he has verbal diarrhoea of the twitter variety. I am getting heaps of messages posted by him, each about five words. I don't want to upset him by blocking him so hopefully his enthusiasm will die down but I am not holding my breath. He claims to 'network' with several hundred people on facebook and twitter. Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment