Sunday, May 19, 2013

In the Pink

I spent yesterday afternoon trying to come to terms with my Windows 8 tablet.  I have changed the background colour to pink (what else?) and put my 'Minnie la Rose' picture as my start icon. 

I have also discovered how to find My Documents and My Pictures which is a big step forward.  One problem is that the shortcuts which my 'how-to' book keeps mentioning do not work so I am having to find other ways of doing things.  I am dreading the day when I have to teach someone else to use Win 8, Win8a or Win 9 which is a certainty since Win 8 is a disaster on desktop computers.

However, it has some good games and I am wasting a great deal of time playing a game called Montezuma's Revenge which is more addictive even than Angry Birds.

The day before yesterday I discovered that Parsifal (who else) had bitten through the cord of my mobile phone recharger so I had to go downstairs and buy another one.  He has never shown any interest in electrical cords so I was rather dismayed but it was a very fine cord and he loves playing with bits of wire so perhaps he thought that it was just another one of those.

I am going to have to talk to an animal behaviourist and the one recommended by D2 doesn't seem to be available.  First he was away for a year and now he is not answering his phone or emails.  D2 has given me the name and number of a vet who is branching out so my next move will be to phone her and see if she has any better ideas than turkey chickens and frozen rats.  He has lots of toys, chewy food and his own blankie to smurgle on so chicken necks or wings might be all I can do and I am not keen on that because of the hard-to-clean tiling in the apartment.

Any readers with suggestions  -  I would welcome any comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment