Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ooooppppps!

I am now the owner of a badly spun, badly plied skein of wool which I will probably turn into an interesting scarf. (That is a take-off of Terry Pratchett's book "The Truth".)

I am having trouble getting the tension, twist and draw right on E.Roberta.  I am gradually getting the hang of it.  There is not nearly the control which is possible with a treadle spinning wheel but I will master it eventually; some parts looked almost respectable.  And I forgot to switch it into reverse for the plying and got myself into a terrible tangle before I realised what the problem was, scrapped the botched yarn and started again.  At least E.Roberta is easier on my knees and packs away without taking up a great deal of space.

I am posting a picture of E.Roberta here and at some stage will post one of E.Emma.  Click on the photo to enlarge it.

No comments:

Post a Comment