Friday, February 14, 2014

Written in the stars

Yesterday, just for fun, I clicked on one of those ads offering me a 'shocking horoscope reading'.  I put in my details, and even gave my correct name and was told that I was about to enter a transit period.  This period is due to start on 3rd March and last for only a shortish time and if I am to take advantage of it the astrologer wants more details (for that, read money) to guide me through this period during which all the riches, fame and happiness which I have missed out on all my life will be mine.

In my dewy youth I did an astrology course with Adult Education and had my star chart drawn up and read.  I have multiple grand crosses in fixed signs which, for anyone who knows about such things, is about as bad as it gets.  Notwithstanding, I am happy with the life I have chosen and more than enough money to support it so I am looking forward to what will befall me on two weeks time.  The only thing I lack in my life is a partner but much prefer my cats to having a man mess up my life for me.  Being single I can do what I like when I like and that is the way I like it.

I am finally starting to overcome the problems I am having with E.Emma and between us we are now producing something reasonable if not particularly great yarn.  I have almost filled the bobbin of glitter singles and probably tomorrow I will ply it and see what my experiment looks like.  The trouble with that is that throughout my spinning on E.Emma since I got her up and running again she has very determinedly tried to spin with an 'S' twist and I am finally starting to get my own way (I have tightened her drive band by quite a lot) and am spinning with a 'Z' twist.  When I ply the two bobbins I will be doing an 'S' twist.  I am hoping that E.Emma doesn't take that as a sign that she has won this round.

I'll post a photo of the bobbin when I have finished spinning it.  The glitter doesn't really show but hopefully it will show up more when it is plied and will be contrasting with a darker single.  I have to go into Firefox to post photos  -  a nuisance!  Click on the picture to enlarge it.

No comments:

Post a Comment