Monday, July 2, 2018

Drones 'R Us

I found an advertisement on Facebook today advertising drones for cats so I have ordered one for Parsifal.  He is too intelligent for his own good and being forced to be an indoor cat creates problems.  He will not walk on a lead so I can never take him further than out into the passage and that only happens when I take the rubbish to the chute down at the other end.  Since there is rarely anyone there to meet and greet, that has lost its charm for him.  Perhaps I should try him in his harness again so that I can take him for walks.

Not that anyone with any sense would be out walking today.  There has been unremitting heavy rain all day and I felt so sorry for the courier who delivered parcels for a couple of us.  It is sheltered around  the mail boxes and he would drive a van but would be constantly having to climb out into the downpour.

Back to the cats:  Poppy seems to do most of her active stuff I the middle of the night and I only know this because her toys move around when I am not watching but Parsifal needs more distraction.  He was bored with the red dot as soon as he discovered that it was uncatchable and his main exercise comes from chasing pingpong balls, which he expects me to bounce for him, and toughing up Poppy who can give as good as she gets but would really prefer to be alone.  She does rather annoy him by sniffing his butt, though.

Since the drone seems to do its own thing  -  hopefully I am not going to be obliged to drive it  -  it could keep the cats entertained and even tire them out.  Dream on . . .

Today's limerick:

The limerick packs laughs anatomical
Into space that is quite economical.
But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean
And the clean ones so seldom are comical.

No comments:

Post a Comment