Friday, July 27, 2018

Postal Hide-and -seek

More woes with parcel post and this time it was my fault although I tried to correct it immediately.

I saw an advertisement on Facebook for a drone for cats and with Parsifal in mind I decided to buy one for my two cats so I clicked on the link and ordered it.  The order form was in a slightly unusual order and the Apartment number was the last field, which I neglected to fill having already given my address, phone number, email address, suburb, street number, and country.

As soon as I received the PayPay receipt I realised what I had done and emailed the suppliers with no response so all I could to was to wait.  I had the tracking number so when it arrived in my State with an email to say that it was undeliverable I contacted the lost parcel department of Australia Post and explained the dilemma.  "Not a problem" I was told, "We will find your parcel, add the Apartment Number and send it on to you."

Yesterday I received an email to say that it would be delivered that very day so I sat at home waiting for a ring on the door.  Nothing!  Back to the lost parcel department with all the relevant data only to be told that the parcel had been returned to sender.  So I have once again contacted the sender with my full address and telephone number and asked them to re-post the parcel.  Now we wait.

Other than that I have been doing not very much but busy just the same with appointments, coffee mornings, knitting afternoons and our regular lunch meet-up with colleagues from my old workplace as well as reading and trying to get ahead with the house-cleaning; not easy with the two cats and their constant shedding of black fur.  White cats would have been better but I guess that it is preferable to be able to see the fur.

I am also spending about an hour per day listening to The Rachel Maddow Show to catch up on the latest in American politics while I knit a sweater for myself,  Having finished the Pink Persian I am back to the quick Kimono pattern which is quick, easy and comfortable  -  and essentially disposable.

I am currently using an ointment which is supposed to highlight and then kill any as-yet-invisible skin cancers on my face.  I have a very red nose at the moment but I seem to have on the whole been very lucky as I have a fair skin; with freckles when I take off my spectacles.

Now a limerick:

If its management men you pursue
Don't hunt every beast in the zoo -
Just look for the signs
That say: "Tigers and Lions."
It isn't how many . . . it's WHO.

No comments:

Post a Comment