Wednesday, August 1, 2018

It was a Dark and Stormy Night . . .

. . . and for Perth, cold with gale-force winds and the threat of snow in the Stirling Ranges.  The wind is strong enough to make the double glazing flex and I would quite enjoy the storm if it wasn't for the fact that I have to be at the railway station at 9.40am tomorrow to keep a doctor's appointment. She wants to check on the skin on my face where I have been applying an ointment to get rid of latent skin cancers.

It has boiled down to a big one and a small one on my nose and two on my upper lip which are an extension of a carcinoma which was surgically removed many years ago.  I have another week and a half to go with the treatment and hopefully that will be the last of it.

I still haven't received my cats' drone and it has been boomeranging from coast to coast and on the day I was promised delivery it was delivered to the other side of the continent.  Mea culpa -  I neglected to put my apartment number on the order form but realised immediately I hit the 'send' button and have been chasing it up ever since.  

Australia Post said that they would retrieve the parcel, add the Apartment number and have it re-delivered but now it has gone back to the sender and the sender is not the company I bought it from but the shipping company which has no stake in getting it to me.  Australia Post doesn't have a very good record with parcels and I will need to be more careful in the future and especially not order anything on-line at 3.00am when unable to sleep.

But the good news is that what, in the 1960s, was a very superior and comprehensive deli which has morphed into a superior coffee shop and restaurant in Cottesloe is, according to the grapevine, coming to Claremont.  It is not as though we do not have an abundance of restaurants and coffee shops already but Vans is something special.

And the limerick:

There once were some learned M.D.s
Who captures some germs of disease
And infected a train,
Which, without causing pain,
Allowed hundreds to catch it with ease.


No comments:

Post a Comment