Friday, August 17, 2018

Boomerang Drone Mk. 2

A couple of days I clicked on an advertisement from the company which sells cat drones because it was the  only way that I could find out the price.  Their ads on Facebook are very cagey about their prices, presumably in order for people to click to find out how much.  I didn't continue to a sale but a day later I received a Facebook message and took the opportunity to ask where my drone was as it is now a couple of  months.  I also told them that I had no  intention of buying anything else until the drone was in my hot little hands.  I was assured that it was on its way and was then asked for my name and email address which led me to suspect that they had no idea who I was.

I provided name, address and ticket number and was assured that I would receive it very soon so this morning I once again phoned Australia Post's Lost Parcel Department where I spoke to another cat lover (she has three cats).  She checked out the tracking number which placed my drone in Alexandria in New South  Wales and told me that the paperwork had arrived but the drone had not so I have left a message to that effect with the drone company.  One day  -  maybe . . .

We are having typical spring weather here  -  freezing winds and torrential rain one day and warm and balmy the next.  I even managed to scrub down my balcony before the rain set in again which was badly needed.  I have to bring all the furniture and plants inside before I can wash the floor down so it needs a fine day when everything will dry rapidly.  The dust from the highway up-wind of me combined with the grease from the hamburger place, the fish and chip place and the kebab place combines to create black grease which comes to roost out the front and needs to be both scrubbed and mopped with detergent or the cats trample it all inside.

I have almost finished knitting the first sleeve of the sweater which I am currently working on and am hurrying to finish it because my purple possum yarn has arrived and I am eager to start on the new sweater, this time with a shawl collar which, once again, will be drafted in from another basic sweater pattern and modified to fit as I did with the pink possum and its cowl neck.

This limerick was one of my mother's favourites so I grew up with it.

There was an old woman of Ryde
Who ate three green apples and died.
The apples fermented
Inside the lamented
And made cider inside her inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment