Monday, August 6, 2018

Boomerang Drone

The cat drone is once again on its way to entertain my cats.

Eventually, after much discussion with Australia Post, they confirmed that it had actually been sent back to the sender.  I contacted the sender and tonight I received an email to say that it is on its way back to us  -  but I had to pay extra postage which is fair enough; the mistake was mine in the first place.

And now there is another parcel, this time from New Zealand.  I finished knitting the pink possum sweater and like it so much that I have sent off for some more of the same yarn but this time the colour is amethyst. When I have finished knitting the amethyst sweater there will be enough combined pink and purple to make something meaningful as I have over-ordered.  With the pink it was because I didn't know how much I would need but this time I did it on purpose.

The lost parcel bit with this one is that when I received confirmation of the order my address lacked both state and postcode and as there are two places named Claremont in Australia it would be just my luck for it to end up in Tasmania.  I contacted the company in dismay and was told that the address had been corrected but it still lacked the State but did include the postcode.  I was particularly careful to fill in all the fields so I am not sure where the error came this time around.  Non mea culpa this time.

The weather continues unseasonably cold with gale-force southerly winds and horizontal rain but should start to warm up a bit tomorrow.  In desperation I hauled out my old blower/heater which I put away when the cats were young as the noise of the fan terrified than.  Now Parsifal has discovered that it creates a nice warm patch for him to sit on.  So it is now his newest best place to sit.

The limerick:

There once was an old man of Lyme
Who married three wives at a time;
When asked "Why the third?"
He replied, "One's absurd!
And bigamy, sir, is a crime."

No comments:

Post a Comment