Wednesday, July 11, 2018

That Which Was Lost and is Found

As predicted a couple of weeks ago  -  I have found my missing knitting needles so now I have a spare pair just in case  -  and the set of 3.25mm needles which I didn't have before.  Truly Sod's Law in action; not just the act of buying replacements but actually finishing the knitting of the sweater.

I have finished knitting the Pink Possum sweater but not yet sewn it up  -  the part which every knitter hates.  I'll do that during the week and if the weather is cold enough next Tuesday I will wear it to the knitting group.

Today is my birthday and everyone gave me socks of the warm and woolly variety so I have been obliged to wash the floor  -  not before time.  That is a horrible job which has become much easier with the variety of vacuum cleaners which I have managed to accumulate since moving into the apartment  -  almost seven years ago.  The tiles at first almost broke me but now I can sit and listen to Rachel Maddow and knit while my Samsung automatic vacuum cleaner does most of the hard yards for me so I that only have to do the mopping bit.

D3, who had her birthday yesterday, SIL and GB2 all came over and took me out for coffee and cake so I was energised for the floor washing bit and I took my neighbour's words to heart  -  "I just sort of slosh around with the mop".

This limerick is from Punch (1918)

There was a young man of Moose Jaw
Who wanted to meet Bernard Shaw;
When they questioned him, 'Why?'
He made no reply,
But sharpened an axe and a saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment