Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Definitely Green

Since I posted about my scepticism over the colour of Mr Spok's blood I have had two definite indications that it actually IS green.  Firstly he was horsewhipped and had green wheals all over his back and shoulders and a few episodes later he was shot and bled all over his shirt.  "If his heart hadn't been where his liver should be he would be dead."  That was Dr McCoy who dislikes Mr Spok and probably mourned the mixed-up anatomy.

Mr Spok is, of course a mule in the true sense of the word and would therefore be, like all mules, sterile.  I wonder sometimes how two such incompatible species as humans and Vulcans were ever able to produce Spok in the first place but who is to say what could have been managed in the 30th Century.

The other thing which is occupying my mind currently is the term 'vanilla sex'.  I looked it up in google but it was not very informative about how this could have occurred consensually between an archbishop (as he was then) and a choirboy many years ago.  "Only vanilla sex" was the defence put forward by the lawyer for the cardinal.  I do not think that it was well received since the cardinal is now in jail waiting for his appeal hearing.  Small things/my small  mind.  When I can get around less painfully my thoughts will probably dwell on more uplifting things.

My hip is still painful and the first appointment I can get with my doctor is for next Tuesday so I am managing with painkillers and one crutch.  I am hopeful that it will settle on its own but am not holding my breath.

GB1 arrived yesterday with a piece of his birthday cake: very rich, very chocolaty and very delicious.  The poor kid failed his driving test and has to wait for seven months to even be able to book for another test.  The testers are failing so many kids at the moment that they have created a severe backlog and a lot of people are taking their children to some larger country towns to get their licenses.  What they really need to do is for the police to employ more people to test the kids.

The Limerick:-
A girl who was no good at tennis
But at swimming was really a menace,
Took pains to explain,
"It depends how you train;
I was once a streetwalker in Venice."

No comments:

Post a Comment