Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Not a Good Week.

I have had a bad couple of days, mostly on Monday when I went into battle against my bank and my printer, neither of which was doing want they should do.

Firstly the bank.  GB1 had his 18th birthday on Monday and I had promised that when he turned 18 I would cease giving him pocket money and instead  put one year's allowance into his bank account.  Because I was likely to come close to maxing my executive account I chose to take the money from another account.  Trouble was that that bank refused to recognise GB1's account number although it had always worked before.  So I went to the local branch of the bank and checked that I had the account number correct (I did) but to no avail.

Eventually I telephoned the Help Line of the investment bank with the funds to cover the transfer only to find that I had the number correct but that they no longer recognised the bank and branch numbers and only wanted the account number.  That is only eight numbers and how many times have those numbers been duplicated throughout the world?  Every other payee on my list has the BSB number but no indication from the bank that it is its new policy.  However, the help person has assured me that the money is now where it should be.  Hopefully when GB2 turns 18 her allowance will go in seamlessly.

And my printer died.  It wouldn't print properly and would not allow me to replace the ink cartridges so I unplugged it and bought a new one. For some reason the new one was convinced that my computer was Windows 8.1 and refused to be convinced otherwise so I took it back to the shop and replugged the old one in on the theory that timelining it might fix its problems.  Lo and behold  -  not only did it work but it allowed me to change the ink cartridges without the usual hassle and faultlessly printed out its test page.  So it has been allowed to stay.

And I have pulled a muscle in my left hip so am currently using a crutch and will see my doctor next week if it has no improved.  I have been there and done that before; I was on crutches when I moved into this apartment seven years ago.  What goes around and all that.

The limerick:-
A professor who hailed from Podunk
And was rather too frequently drunk,
Said,"Sometimes I think
That I can parse in pink:
Let me see  -  it is pink, pank and punk."

No comments:

Post a Comment