Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Oh, Such are the Dreams of the Everyday Housewife




The heading to this post is actually the title of a song from 'way back when' which has been running through my head for a couple of days as I cogitate on an episode of Star Trek which I watched  recently.


The  story line:-
The crew beamed down to a planet only to find that the whole population had been ensanguined and were dead.  They had all been killed by a cloud which engulfed them and removed the iron from their haemoglobin and of course the cloud managed to get on board the Enterprise where everyone was vulnerable except Spok who was a Vulcan and whose blood contains copper, not iron.


Spok’s skin colour should therefore have been greenish, just as we are pinkish but although he is interestingly pale he has pink lips.  The script writers would probably justify it because Spok’s mother was human.  Artistic license is alive and well.


I have been trying to de-clutter and am discovering all manner of interesting things.  I should explain that when I moved from my house to this apartment I employed packers to transfer everything and unpackers to put everything away.  It was all done with maximum efficiency and I have mostly left things where the unpackers put them but I really had no idea about what odds and sods sneaked over here; now I am starting to find out.  To quote Spok, “Fascinating”.

The Limerick:-

There was a young lady named Smith
Whose virtue was mostly a myth.
She said, "Try as I can
I cannot find a man
Who it's fun to be virtuous with."

No comments:

Post a Comment