Friday, October 25, 2019

The Eyes Have It

It looks as though the hole in my outside wall is going to be fixed in the near future.  I gather that management is concerned that water will get into the cavity but that horse has already bolded.  Last Friday was very cold with a lot of rain.  I gathered from listening to them that the plan is to erect scaffolding from the apartment below me on Level 5 and the men were here today with a lot of glass samples in order to match the colour.

D2 has been laid up since last Friday after surgery to repair a torn and detached retina in her right eye.  A gas bubble was inserted into the eye and until two days ago she had to lie on her right side and was only allowed respite for 15 minutes per hour.  Wednesday was her first day of freedom and she came to Claremont to buy more litter for her cat and to do some grocery shopping.  She wore an absorbent patch over the eye as it is a bit red and weepy.

I have started knitting myself a blanket out of all the odds and sods of homespun yarn which has accumulated over time  -  and there is rather a lot of it so it is going to be a big rug.  Bigger than I planned because I originally intended it to be about a metre wide but the more I knit the wider it gets so, at this stage, I am aiming for a very large square.  Thus far it is looking very pretty with a multitude of coloured stripes.  The yarn which I am knitting at the moment is the ends of a vast number of leftovers on bobbins which I have spun and plied together  -  but that will change.

The Limerick:-

As 007 walked by
A spider just tried to say "Hi".
That spider was shot
Right there on the spot
When he started out "Hi, I'm a spi…"

No comments:

Post a Comment