Friday, May 13, 2011

Still no news regarding settlement

Multiplex knows that I don't want to settle until after 27th May but it would be nice to have some sort of idea when I will be able to move from here and into the apartment. We are almost halfway through May and settlement is supposed to be by the end of this month.

Although their website still says "towards the end of May 2011" I have suddenly had this sinking feeling that they will be able to spread their tax burden if we can't settle until after 30th June. I can't believe that they would really do that to us, but ...

An assessor from Grace Removalists is coming next Friday morning to give me some idea of how much it is going to cost me to move all my stuff so something is happening. I have also nearly finished painting the outdoor chairs and table. They look very nice but it has been a paintbrush wrecking exercise trying to get into all the nooks and crannies.

D2 is going on a rally-venue trip to Europe at the end of the month with the Porsche Club. It sounds a lot of fun ... driving fast cars around Europe for a couple of weeks. However, she is going to have to move the 'Organ Donor' before she goes and it is barely driveable. She has booked both her VWs into what she describes as a holiday camp which is, on fact, a storage unit in Subiaco. This is a brilliant solution but I hope that she manages to get the car there safely and without resorting to a tow-truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment