Wednesday, January 22, 2014

How many times ... ?

Having successfully knitted a swatch for the lacy cardigan I want to knit I started, as recommended by the designer, with a sleeve; and started  -  and started.  And I am about to start again.  I have come to the conclusion that I will, to a degree, have to do my own thing and make careful notes so that both sleeves match.

In the olden days when I used to spin from the combed fleece I was never sure how things were going to turn out and the swatch gave me the ratio between my own spun yarn and the recommended yarn for the particular pattern.  I used to knit with a calculator to work out the ratios and never had a problem.  This is really no different, I just feel that reporting my progress on Ravelry.com I feel as though the world is watching ... which it isn't.  I just need to get past the first four rows of plain knitting without having to undo it all again.  Maybe the spider poison was affecting my thinking.

My spider bites are almost healed up and I will be getting back to yoga again this evening; starting with the really easy one.  I have been feeling old and stiff without it but didn't feel up to doing anything much, what with the antibiotics and the flu-like aches and pains.

Parsifal has suddenly turned himself into a lap-cat and has become very cuddly.  It may be on account of I can set him smurgling and he seems to need to do that, bless him.  Click on the picture to enlarge it.




No comments:

Post a Comment